Fajita on a Stick
1-1/4 lb. boneless top sirloin steak, cut 1″ thick
1/3 cup prepared Italian dressing
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 medium green or red bell peppers, quartered
2 medium onions, sliced
8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
1. Soak eight 9″ bamboo skewers in enough water to cover 10 minutes; drain.
2. Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak crosswise into 1/2″ thick strips. Thread an equal amount of beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer.
3. In a small bowl, combine dressing and lime juice, mixing well; brush onto beef, peppers and onions.
4. Place vegetables on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill peppers, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes and onions 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning both once. Approximately 10 minutes before vegetables are done, move vegetables to outer edge of grid. Place beef in center of grid; grill 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
5. Season beef with salt, as desired; remove beef from skewers. Serve beef and vegetables in tortillas with salsa. Makes 4 servings