Sweet and Spicy Salmon Quesadillas
My challenge this week was to use the new flavor salmon packets from Chicken of the Sea. Oh and my recipe had to be 5 ingredients! At first I was going to use this recipe but I really wanted more options for the quesadilla like some avocados, grilled corn, black beans and I even thought about grilled pineapple with sweet peppers. As you can see the options alone were more than 5 ingredients. I’m going to tell you though you have to try this quesadilla once as I made it here and then decide which options you might want or not want.
I’m having a Chicken of the Sea Flavored Salmon 5 Ingredient Recipe Contest over at Recipes Food and Cooking for a Chicken of the Sea Gift Pack (shown below) and you can enter by sending me a recipe using a Salmon Flavor Pack and 5 ingredients!
The recipe I went with is a Baked Potato with the Sweet and Spicy Flavored Salmon. It was so good!
These quesadillas couldn’t be easier. Perfect for one of those dinners when you need something fast.
Sweet and Spicy Salmon with Gouda cheese, salsa and green onions.
- Chicken of the Sea Sweet and Spicy Salmon Package
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- green onions - sliced thinly
- 3 slices Gouda Cheese
- 2 flour tortillas
- Mix together the salmon, salsa and green onions.
- Butter one side of each of the tortillas.
- Heat a frying pan. Place one of the tortillas butter side down in the pan.
- Top with half of the Gouda cheese. Spread the salmon mixture on top evenly. Add remaining Gouda cheese and top with tortilla.
- Brown tortilla on both sides. Quesadilla is done when cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve.
To make the dipping sauce add equal amounts of sour cream and chunky salsa to a small bowl. Mix together.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Leave a Reply