Chocolate Mint Cake
1 cup All-purpose flour
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
1 1/2 cup (16 oz can) chocolate syrup
2 cup Confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. (to 3/4 tsp) mint extract
3 dr Green food coloring
6 tbsp. butter Or margarine
1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9×13-inch pan. In a large mixer bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; beat until smooth.
3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until top springs back when tapped lightly.
4. Cool completely in pan. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, butter, water, mint extract and food coloring.
5. Beat until smooth.
6. Spread this on cake.
7. Cover and chill.
8. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips.
9. Remove from heat; stir until smooth.
10. Cool slightly.
11. Pour over chilled cake.
12. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.