Almond Cheesecake Brownies
3/4 cup margarine or butter (1 1/2 sticks)
Four 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
Four 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate
2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, slightly softened
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13″ by 9″ metal baking pan with foil; lightly grease foil.
2. In large glass bowl, combine margarine or butter and both types of chocolates. In microwave oven, cook, covered with waxed paper, on High 2 to 3 minutes until almost melted; stir until smooth. With wooden spoon, beat in 1 1/2 cups sugar. Then, beat in 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in almond extract, 2 eggs, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla just until blended.
4. Spread 1 1/2 cups chocolate batter in pan. Spoon cream-cheese mixture in 6 large dollops on top of chocolate batter (cheese mixture will cover much of chocolate batter). Then, spoon remaining chocolate batter in 6 large dollops over and between cheese mixture. With tip of knife, cut and twist through mixtures to create marble design.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean with a few crumbs attached. Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
6. When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.
Each brownie: About 260 calories, 4 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 16 g total fat (6 g saturated), 69 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium.
Leave a Reply