Marbled Peanut Butter Brownies
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 13x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter and butter. Gradually blend in the sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth and well blended. Batter will be thick.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of melted chocolate over top of batter. With the tip of a knife, swirl chocolate into batter to create marbled effect.
5. Bake for 27 to 30 minutes until done (do not overbake). Cool in pan. Cut into bars.
Yield: 2 dozen.
Leave a Reply