Crock Pot Pork Roast with Carrots and Onions
I love a pork roast cooked in the crock pot, they get so fall apart tender that the pork almost melts in your mouth. They are so easy to do. I brown mine first in a pan on the stove just because I like the color it gives the roast and seals in the juices. Choose any size pork roast that will feed your family. There were only 3 of us eating with this one so this one weighted only about 2 lbs. I cooked it on high and it only took about 4 hours. I served it with mashed potatoes and made gravy out of the juices from the roast. If you are looking to have all of dinner ready when you get home, put some potatoes in with the carrots.
Easy to make simple pork roast with carrots and onions made in the crock pot. Add potatoes is desired for a one pot meal.
- 1 2 - 3 lb. pork roast
- 1 cup chopped onions or pearl onions
- 2 carrots - per person
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Put oil in a skillet. Salt and pepper the roast. Place roast in skillet and brown on both sides.
- Add onions and carrots to crock pot, season with salt and pepper. Add the water.
- Place the roast on top. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Maybe you’d like to try?
Leave a Reply