Cherry Almond Cups
- 1 C. butter
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1 t. almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 C. flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 C. almond paste
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. almonds sliced
- 24 maraschino cherries halved
- For dough - Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and almond extract. Mix well. Beat in flour and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For filling - In a small bowl microwave almond paste for 15 - 20 seconds. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the egg and mix it well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To Assemble:
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Divide each of those pieces into 12 pieces. Roll into a ball and place 1 ball in each of 48 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Press in bottom and up sides of each cup.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of filling into each cup. Sprinkle with several almond slices. Top with a cherry half on each.
- Bake for 17 - 20 minutes. Centers should puff and edges should be a light golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. With the tip of a knife lift cookies from cups.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply