Chocolate Nut Squares
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1/4 cup of the sugar until creamy. Blend in flour. Press on bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1/4 cup butter or margarine and heavy cream in saucepan, stirring until spread melts and mixture is blended. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- Sprinkle coconut and chocolate over crust. Top with pecan mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes more or until golden. Cool; cut into squares.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply