Cherry Merry Christmas Crunch
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup candied red and green cherries, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Generously grease baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine walnuts, cherries, butter, salt and extracts in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and maple syrup in heavy, large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Carefully clip candy thermometer to side of pan (do not let bulb touch bottom of pan).
- Cook over medium heat until thermometer registers 300°F (hard-crack stage). Remove from heat; stir in walnut mixture.
- Quickly pour onto prepared baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into pieces.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply