Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Chocolate cookies with a maraschino cherries centers and frosted with chocolate icing.
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. cocoa
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 48 undrained maraschino cherries about a 10 oz. jar
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. sweetened condensed milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture and blend well. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press down in the center with your thumb. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate pieces, sweetened condensed milk and 4 teaspoons of the cherry juice. Heat until chocolate melts.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate frosting over each cherry. (Frosting may be thinned with additional cherry juice, if needed.) Cover cherry.
- Bake at 350°F. for about 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply