Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small jar raspberry jam
- Sift flour, baking powder onto wax paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy, stir in vanilla extract and add flour.
- Roll dough between 2 pieces of wax paper into 12 x 10-inch rectangle. Remove top piece of wax paper, spread raspberry jam evenly over top and sprinkle nuts over all.
- Firmly roll up dough, jellyroll style, removing wax paper as you roll. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut 1/4-inch slices and bake 8 to 10 minutes until light golden.