- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 C. flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 C. raspberry jam seedless
- 1/2 C. coconut
- 1/4 C. finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well blended. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature until dough softens slightly. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 x 9 rectangle. In a small bowl combine jam, coconut and walnuts. Spread evenly on dough to within 1 inch of the edges. Roll up, jelly roll fashion, from the long side. Wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut chilled dough into 1/4 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges ore golden. Cool on wire racks.
the little t = teaspoons the big T = tablespoons C = cups