- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Line a small baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, walnuts, apricots, figs, pistachios, brandy, apricot preserves, cinnamon and cloves. Pulse until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of the mixture, press together, and roll between your palms into a compact ball.
- Roll the round in the sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fruit-and-nut mixture and sugar.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.