Grab yourself a strawberry cake mix and make these Strawberry Cupcakes with a twist. I added fresh strawberries to them and have to say I really liked them made this way. It brightened the flavor considerably.
Frost them with a simple vanilla buttercream or cream cheese frosting and top them with conversation hearts. I noticed they’ve updated some of the sayings on the heart.
These strawberry cupcakes start with a boxed cake mix and then you add fresh strawberries for a flavor boost!
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put cupcake liners in the pans.
- Add the cake mix to a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. With a hand mixer mix for about 4 minutes until everything is incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake holders 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a tester comes back clean. Cake should spring back when lightly touched in the center. Cool.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Maybe you’d like to try our?
Banana Pudding Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Cupcakes
Leave a Reply