Asparagus Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
This is perhaps one of my favorite ways to fix pasta. It is so easy and goes together in a matter of minutes, about 20 depending on what you choose to mix into your pasta. I had fresh asparagus, some grape tomatoes and mushrooms so that is what I used. You could add chicken or seafood to make this a main dish if desired.
My basic recipe for a quick alfredo sauce is heavy cream, parmesan cheese and you can finish it off with a little butter if desired. I didn’t use it here. I feel that if you are using the heavy cream you don’t need butter but it does add a silkier feel to the pasta. It is totally up to you, use it or don’t.
I blanch my veggies while the pasta is cooking. I don’t run cold water over it to stop the cooking as it was going right back in the pan with the pasta.
Asparagus Fettuccine Alfredo made with asparagus, fresh mushrooms and grape tomatoes with cream and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine
- 3/4 lb. asparagus
- 12 - 15 grape tomatoes - cut in half
- 4 - 6 large mushrooms - sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter - optional
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling water until ala dente. Drain.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water. Put in a colander to drain.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add the grape tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add the pasta and asparagus into the pan with the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes and stir in the parmesan cheese. Remove to a platter to serve.
Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch says
This looks amazing! Love anything with asparagus and alfredo sauce!
Michelle Day says
This looks so delicious! I can’t wait to try this recipe, Alfredo is my favorite 🙂
Mary Ellen says
Thanks Michelle, one of my favs also.