Asparagus Egg Bake Recipe
Yesterday’s breakfast was a delightful spring treat. Fresh asparagus is lightly blanched and then topped with eggs and cheese. About 5 minutes of baking time is all it takes and it is like a bite of heaven when you break open the eggs over the asparagus.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I think breakfast is just one of those things I don’t want to spend time doing or I am tired of the same old thing. I forget about doing eggs just baked like the ones here. You could even blanch the asparagus the night before to save time in the morning.
Asparagus Egg Bake is made with fresh asparagus and cheese baked in ramekins.
- 12 - 14 stalks of asparagus
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Mexican cheese
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Break the asparagus into about 1 1/2 inch pieces. Add the asparagus to the water and cook for about 3 minutes. Immediately rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Place on a piece of paper towel to dry.
- Grease 2 ramekins with the butter. Add the asparagus. Break the eggs into the ramekin over the asparagus. Add the cream, salt and pepper. Top with the cheese.
- Bake for 5 - 7 minutes at 350 degrees depending on hard you want the yolk. At 5 minutes the yolks should still be runny and the whites cooked. Serve with toast to dip into the eggs.