Raspberry Bran Baked Donuts Recipe
My sweet tooth kicked in this morning and these delightful mini donuts were the result. They have a wonderful texture and have just the right amount of sweetness, for me at least.
You can easily lighten these baked donuts up too, use light sour cream or I would even consider adding 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1/4 cup oil in place of the 1/2 cup oil. I thought about doing it when I started out but really hate to mess around much with a recipe when I make it the first time. I love the molasses and raspberry combination here also, they pair together beautifully. I also used white wheat flour in place of all purpose, if that is all you have it will work fine.
Raspberry Bran Baked Donuts are full of raspberries, molasses and bran and dipped in a yummy glaze.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup wheat white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 2 cups confectionary sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add oil, brown sugar and molasses to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in egg and sour cream. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking soda. Add the bran cereal and mix until combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Spray mini donut pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon batter into pans.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. A tester will come out clean when baked and donuts will spring back when touched.
- While the mini donuts are baking mix together the glaze ingredients. Flip the donuts out onto a wire rack when finished baking. Dip the donuts into the glaze. Place on a wire rack to dry.