Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups
One of the most popular recipes on this blog is Crack Sticks. I decided last weekend to take them a few steps further. These delicious French toast rolls are filled with cream cheese and strawberries. To add another element how about some sweetened strawberries with whipped cream on top? Yep, these are over the top delicious!
I think these could be made the night before and baked in the morning but I haven’t tried that yet. I would put them in a single layer in a 9 x 13 pan just barely touching. I am guessing here but I think the baking time would be about 30 minutes and I would brush the butter on and sprinkle with the sugar mixture the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups are made with cream cheese, strawberry jam and fresh strawberries. It is then topped with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- 16 - 18 pieces white or wheat bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 2 qts. of strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Roll the bread slices down to about half of its thickness.
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a pan big enough to dip the bread rolls into.
- Wash the strawberries, dry slightly with a paper towel. Slice 1 qt. of the strawberries.
- Mix together the cream cheese and strawberry jam. Spread it on the bread slices. Add a row of fresh strawberry slices down the center. If they are big cut in in half so they don't tear the bread. Roll the bread up into a cylinder as tight as you can without breaking the bread. Set aside while you get them all rolled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip the bread rolls into the egg mixture. Have ready a cookie sheet that has silpat or parchment that is sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Place not touching on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven and brush the butter on top of the rolls. Turn over. Bake for another 10 minutes, brush the tops with butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on them. Turn over again and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Slice the remaining strawberries, add a little sugar (this additional sugar is not in ingredients above) if not sweet enough.
- Serve with the remaining strawberries and whipped cream.