Cilantro Lime Rice
Oh why haven’t I made this before today? It isn’t like I haven’t tried versions of it before. I can tell you it is about to become a staple around here. Ever since I made Chicken Chorizo and Artichoke Saffron Rice Skillet I have been in love with this tiny pearl rice and I used it again to make this dish. It gets kind of creamy like a risotto but much easier. The rice is small and barrel shaped and has a delicious flavor to it. You could make this without the chicken stock if desired, that is how the chain restaurant that makes it does it. I would say it would be a pretty close clone recipe if you omitted the chicken stock.
Look for this rice in the ethnic aisle at your grocer. It is available readily and is fairly cheap I think. I use half of the 12 oz. bag and it feeds 4 people.
Follow me on Facebook, Google+ , Instagram or Pinterest to see when I post or share something new!
- 2 cups chicken broth - I made homemade
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. Valenciano Rice - it is also called Pearl Rice on the bag
- 1 large garlic clove - minced
- about 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- zest of a small lime
- Bring stock and water to a boil. Add salt and garlic. Stir in rice. Cover with a lid. Turn down heat to medium - medium low. Cook for 15 minutes until rice is tender. Stir it twice while cooking.
- Remove for heat and add cilantro and lime zest. Stir it in. Let set 5 minutes covered before serving.
Here is the delicious Southwestern BBQ Chicken with fresh salsa I made to serve with the rice.
Leave a Reply