Honey Butter Chicken Thighs
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. I’ve been making it for years. You can do it with any kind of chicken you want to use. Chicken breasts work really well with this recipe.
I’ve made this before to serve a crowd. It is a great make ahead dish that can be popped into the oven about 30 minutes before serving if you are taking it out of the refrigerator. What I do is earlier in the day I grill the chicken pieces I am using. Put the chicken pieces in the baking dish you want to use. Make the sauce and pour it over the chicken. Refrigerate it until baking time. Easy, easy, right?
Chicken with a honey butter sauce.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Honey Butter Blend:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the stick of butter and let cool. In blender, combine the butter, honey, garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary and black pepper until smooth. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill boneless chicken breasts, turning occasionally and basting with honey butter blend, 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 170F. Do not baste during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Make ahead tip. Grill the chicken quickly just enough to get some grill marks. Put the chicken in a baking dish Mix together the sauce ingredients. Pour over the chicken. Turn over in the sauce once or twice. Refrigerate until baking time. Bake 30 minutes.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Chicken Maque Choux – this is so good made in the summer with fresh corn!
Leave a Reply