Strawberry Rhubarb Lemon Crumble
Do you love strawberries and rhubarb together? I do and this dessert came about when I bought some lemon sandwich cookies and had some rhubarb and strawberries in the refrigerator waiting to be turned into a delicious dessert.
After I got the filling made I made a decision to add just the cookies with their filling as the topping. I wasn’t quite sure what would happen but what I hoped would happen did. The cookie filled melted into the rhubarb and strawberries and the cookies browned for a delicious crunch. So easy! The cookie filling also gave it all a awesome touch of lemon.
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe!
Rhubarb topped with lemon sandwich cookies, easy and quick to make when you need something fast. This I'm sure will become a family favorite.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 Lemon Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and butter. Pour it into a greased baking dish. Mine was an 9 inch casserole dish.
- Crush the lemon sandwich cookies. Scatter over the top of the rhubarb.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until rhubarb is bubbly and cookies are starting to toast.
- Serve warm or cooled with vanilla ice cream.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?