Pork Fajita Pitas
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons water
3/8 teaspoon salt
3/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 small garlic cloves
15 ounces extra lean extra tender pork center loin c
4 small Roma tomatoes — blanched/seeded
1/4 cup onion — minced
1/4 cup green bell pepper — minced
1 small jalapeno chile pepper — seeded and minced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro — optional
1 tablespoon ketchup
4 small whole wheat pita bread — heated
2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
1. In small saucepan combine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2. Mash 2 garlic cloves; add to saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through (about 2 minutes).
3. Pour mixture into a heat resistant bowl (not aluminum); add pork, turn to coat. Marinade for 5 minutes at room temperature.
4. In medium bowl combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, ketchup, yogurt, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Mince remaining garlic cloves; add to vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade. Set pork on rack in broiling pan and broil, turning several times and basting with reserved marinade until pork is browned and thoroughly cooked (8-10 minute).
6. To serve, transfer pork to work surface and thinly slice. Cut each pita in half crosswise, making 8 halves; open each half to form a pocket. Fill each half with 1/8 of the meat and 1/8 of the tomato mixture.
Fat grams: 5.7
Fiber grams: 5.0
4 1/2 Points
Recipe By: Weight Watchers Quick and Easy Menu Cookbook
Serving Size: 4