Summer Garden Pasta Salad
Hi, I’m Sarah. I’m guest posting from The Magical Slow Cooker. I don’t often get the chance to share recipes other than slow cooker recipes, but today I am excited to share my recipe for Summer Garden Pasta Salad. I wanted to make a pasta salad recipe that was similar to a macaroni salad, but freshened up.
My sauce starts with mayonnaise then buttermilk, lemon juice, and freshly chopped dill weed are whisked in. The veggies I chose are celery, Roma tomatoes, snow peas, and red onion. I added a drained can of corn for extra color and crunch.
This last weekend I knew my parents would be by the house for dinner (they show up unannounced every Sunday at about dinner time), so I put a pork roast in the slow cooker and seasoned it with traditional whole roasted pig flavors. This salad was the perfect side dish for the pork. I enjoyed a little bit of pasta salad with every bite of pork and steamed rice.
Pasta salad with a creamy buttermilk dressings.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill weed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 1 lb. box bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- In a small bowl whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, and dill weed until smooth, set aside.
- Drain and rinse the cooked pasta in cold water, and drain again. Add the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pasta bowl, and pour over the dressing. Stir until the dressing is coating the vegetables and pasta. Serve and enjoy.