Summer Garden Pasta Salad
Hi, I’m Sarah. I’m guest posting from The Magical Slow Cooker. I don’t often get the chance to share recipes other than slow cooker recipes, but today I am excited to share my recipe for Summer Garden Pasta Salad. I wanted to make a pasta salad recipe that was similar to a macaroni salad, but freshened up.
My sauce starts with mayonnaise then buttermilk, lemon juice, and freshly chopped dill weed are whisked in. The veggies I chose are celery, Roma tomatoes, snow peas, and red onion. I added a drained can of corn for extra color and crunch.
This last weekend I knew my parents would be by the house for dinner (they show up unannounced every Sunday at about dinner time), so I put a pork roast in the slow cooker and seasoned it with traditional whole roasted pig flavors. This salad was the perfect side dish for the pork. I enjoyed a little bit of pasta salad with every bite of pork and steamed rice.
Come visit me at Facebook, Pinterest or Google Plus
Pasta salad with a creamy buttermilk dressings.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill weed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 1 lb. box bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- In a small bowl whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, and dill weed until smooth, set aside.
- Drain and rinse the cooked pasta in cold water, and drain again. Add the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pasta bowl, and pour over the dressing. Stir until the dressing is coating the vegetables and pasta. Serve and enjoy.
Thanks for letting me guest post Mary! I enjoyed creating a recipe that wasn’t crock pot, it’s been a while.
Mary Ellen says
I totally get that, I hadn’t used my crock pot in awhile either! I appreciate the guest post, anytime!