- 1-1/2 cups spiced gumdrops
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut gumdrops into small pieces, reserving black ones for another use. Place gumdrops in a bowl. Add walnuts, raisins and 1/4 cup flour; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and shortening. Add egg; beat in buttermilk. Combine baking soda, salt and remaining flour; stir into creamed mixture. Add gumdrop mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.