Jeweled Nut Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat egg. Add salt and remaining brown sugar.
- Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply