- 1 1/2 cups Mint-Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cups Butter - Softened
- 1/2 cups Confectioners' Sugar - Sifted
- 1 Egg Yolk - Large
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cups mint chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1 cup of mint chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, and egg yolk. Beat until creamy. Add melted chips and flour; beat until well blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to stand for 3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Cool completely on wire racks.
- GLAZE: Combine over hot (not boiling) water the remaining 1/2 cup of mint-chocolate chips and vegetable shortening. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle each cookie with the glaze; sprinkle with almonds.
- Chill until set. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply