Moravian Christmas Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and brandy; beat thoroughly.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing well. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out a small portion of the dough at a time on a floured board to a thickness of 1/4 inch (keep remaining dough in refrigerator).
- Cut with a cookie cutter into desired shapes.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Leave a Reply