This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Fresh From Florida for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Strawberry Citrus Cookie Tarts
I’m back again this month as a Fresh From Florida Ambassador and this month our featured fruit is Florida Strawberries! Every month is a fresh vegetable or fruit, grown in Florida of course. I am so excited about this campaign because the strawberries have been absolutely incredible this strawberry season. When you see strawberries in your grocery store look for the Fresh From Florida label and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
I have a strawberry farm about 10 minutes away and I think my car is on auto pilot because we’ve gone there quite often in the last couple of months. Strawberry Season lasts about 3 months here.
Don’t they look incredible? Well they are!
I used coconut oil as a substitution in the cookies for the shortening. It made them a little softer in texture so if you like a super soft sugar cookie try this substitution.
Here are my cookie tarts with the citrus cream cheese filling on them before adding the strawberries. I used a pasty bag but a knife will do. I used 7 inch cookie skillets that are pretty easy to find now. I found the cheapest way to get them was to look for a cookie kit that includes them. I got 2 for the price of one this way.
If you don’t want 7 inch cookies make a smaller one like the ones in the back of this photo. If you want details on how to do the smaller cookies this way head on over to Recipes Food and Cooking.
A cookie tart topped with strawberries with a cream cheese citrus filling.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or shortening (I've tried both)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese - almost at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons orange zest or see my notes
- 1 quart of Florida Strawberries
- Orange Marmalade or Apricot Jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the pans you are using. (see notes)
- Add the sugar, butter and oil to a mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into fourths.
- Bake for 9 - 11 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese ingredients in a mixing bowl until creamy, Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- To assemble cookies heat orange marmalade in the microwave.
- Wash strawberries and cut into halves.
- Pipe the cream cheese onto the cookies.
- Place the strawberries on the cookies, starting at the outside edge.
- Brush the marmalade on the strawberries.
If you don't have these pans, they measure 7 inches across. You could bake these on a cookie sheet by patting the dough into a circle.
I used the zest out of the orange marmalade in my citrus cream. Melt the orange marmalade in the microwave. Pour thru a small strainer to separate the zest from the jam. Stir the zest from the marmalade into the cream cheese. If the pieces look too big, give them a rough chop.
This month’s featured Strawberry Recipes from Fresh From Florida are a Florida Strawberry Parfait
You can also follow Fresh From Florida on Fresh From Florida on Facebook and on
Maybe you’d like to try one of other strawberry recipes?