Creamy peanut butter pudding with peanut butter crumbles, airy, light meringue makes up this delicious peanut butter pie.
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (divided use)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar (for meringue)
- Lard Pie Crust, link above
- In a small bowl, add the confectioner's sugar and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Cut sugar into peanut butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Place half of mixture in bottom of baked pie shell, reserve remainder for top.
- In large sauce pan, add the egg yolks, milk, 2/3 cup sugar, remaining peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and cornstarch. Cook over medium low heat until thick, stirring constantly (I used a whisk). Pour over peanut butter crumbles in the pie crust.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add sugar. Continue beating until soft peaks form. Spread over top of pie, being careful to seal at edges. Sprinkle remainder of peanut butter crumbles over top of pie.
- Bake at 325 for thirty minutes.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Total time does not include cooling time. Cool and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?