Chicken Bacon Pizza with Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Today is National Pizza Day! I sure don’t know who started it but any occasion to have pizza is great with me! I had cooked some chicken and decided the best use of it would be this pizza. While I love a Pepperoni Pizza sometimes a girl just needs variety.
I bought some bacon last week as a splurge because I rarely buy it anymore. I was in one of those big warehouse stores and they were demoing it. It was so good I had to get it. So a pizza with cooked chicken breast and bacon was calling out to me. I made a Garlic Parmesan Sauce for it and added some red onions. I topped it all with Monterrey Jack cheese. It was so good!
Are you ready to make it yet? Start by making your pizza dough. It is so easy and you only need 5 ingredients. I make it usually the day before or in the morning and refrigerate it. I made the dough in my food processor so it came together quickly. It’s always ready when I am this way plus I think it makes a crispier crust. When I make my pizza dough I use Fleischmann’s® Yeast, in fact it is the only yeast I ever use. They even have a new yeast out just for pizzas that as soon as you make the dough it is ready to go. No raising time needed. The recipe for the pizza dough I used here will make 2 thin 10 inch pizzas or one with a deep dish in a 9 x 13 pan.
Home made pizza crust with a garlic cream sauce topped with chicken, red onion and bacon!
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Fleischmann's® Yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (lowfat is fine)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups diced chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 5 slices bacon - fried
- 8 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese
- Mix together the yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup water. Let set until it is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, olive oil to your food processor or mixing bowl. Add the yeast and remaining water. Mix until it comes together as a sticky dough.
- At this point put it in a bowl or plastic bag that has been sprayed. Put in the refrigerator if making ahead or let it raise on the counter until it has doubled if you want to use it sooner.
- To make the sauce, add the butter to a saucepan on medium heat. Add the garlic. When melted add the flour and stir until combined. Add the milk, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Cool.
- Roll out the dough. Top with the parmesan sauce. Add the chicken. Top with half of the Monterrey Jack cheese. Sprinkle the onions over the top. Add the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Add the bacon. Return to oven for another for another 5 - 8 minutes.until done. I sprinkled it with some torn fresh basil leaves when it came out of the oven but it isn't necessary.
Lunch today without the bacon and a thick crust pizza. I used the same dough as yesterday.
Maybe you’d like to try one of our other pizza recipes?
Easy Pizza Bites
Oh man, your website is going to be me in a lot of trouble with my diet! All of this looks amazing! I can’t wait to try making them! Thanks for sharing!
Mary Ellen says
It’s a huge problem with mine too so you’re not alone!
Julie Davis says
Is the green stuff scallion or spinach?
Amy Dull says
The sauce wasn’t thick. I even simmered it longer. Was there a step omitted from the recipe?
I think it should be 1 cup of milk and not 2. That’s how I made it and it was perfect. Great recipe.
Karen Adams says
This sounds like the one they have at one of those famous pizza places. I love it. I can’t wait to try this one!